THE INDEPENDENTE COLECTIVE
About: The Independente Collective is a Portuguese creative hospitality company, founded in 2011. Our goal is to be the largest and most relevant creative out-of-the-box hospitality group in Portugal. We are a collective of unique and original properties, with singular personalities. Of places where travellers and locals meet and share stories and experiences. In Lisbon, a hostel and a guesthouse coexist side by side, with two restaurants, The Decadente and The Insólito in the heart of the city. You can grab an afterwork drink or start your night at Cobre Cocktail Corner in Cais do Sodré, where you can try our unique signature cocktails. In the rural tranquillity of the Alentejo, you will find our guesthouse Uva do Monte, enveloped in the countryside and only 2 km away from the coast and the Aberta Nova Beach. We will soon be in Oporto, with The House of Sandeman Hostel & Suites, the world’s first branded hostel, in partnership with Sandeman Port Wine, located in the iconic Sandeman Port Cellars. Looking to provide unique and authentic experiences to each and every one of our guests, we work to create a space where you can feel welcomed and fully enjoy all the city has to offer.
The House of Sandeman Hostel & Suites – Porto
- Marketing & Sales Internship – 1 intern
What you will do: As an intern in the Marketing & Sales department, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team that is responsible for such tasks as:
- Reservations (Rooms, F&B, Groups & Events)
- Development of online and offline marketing initiatives.
- Event coordination.
- Guest Relations.
- Revenue management
- Sales & marketing performance analysis.
Who you are:
- Prefer a startup with a passion for entrepreneurship over the conventional multinational.
- Deep passion for hospitality, customer driven and savvy about Lisbon.
- Young, well-traveled, possibly have studied or lived abroad, interested in art, music, and architecture.
- IT sharp
What talents you possess:
- Command: have the presence. You take control of a situation and make decisions.
- Empathy: can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others’ lives or others’ situations.
- Communication: generally, find it easy to put their thoughts into words. You are good conversationalists and presenters.
- Competition: measure their progress against the performance of others. You strive to win first place and revel in contests.
- Responsibility: take ownership of what you say you will do. You are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
- Discipline: enjoy routine and structure. your world is best described by the order you create.
- Learner: have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites you.
- Team player: one who subordinates personal aspirations and works in a coordinated effort with other members of a group, or team, in striving for a common goal
- Languages: Fluent in at least Portuguese and English. What have you done
- Any sort of experience in hospitality is valued.
- The experienced user in the Newhotel PMS and excel is valued.
- Experience in e-commerce and digital marketing is valued.
- Reservations & Customer Care – 1 intern
What you will do:
- Report to Reservations & Customer Care Manager.
- Responds to emails according to established procedures.
- Answer telephone calls and respond according to established procedures.
- It performs and controls the reservations ensuring the proper execution of each Client's request.
- Receive and follow up on special requests, making sure your supervisor knows.
- Organizes the files.
- It deals with the collection of reservations.
- Report problems of any kind to your superior.
- Participates in all staff meetings and training and contributes to suggestions and improvements.
- Responsible for organizing the archive, according to Reservations & Customer Care Manager.
- Front-Office Agent: 1 intern – must speak Portuguese fluently
What you will do:
- Responsible for performing FO duties on your shift, namely check-ins, check-outs, booking billing procedures
- Perform check-outs; making sure that the customer is satisfied with the experience
- Prepare the check-ins, by filling in the cards, charges for the accommodation, etc.
- Control the stays and if there are incidents to manage them, ensuring that there are no dissatisfied guests
- Control VIPs and allocate amenities, taking into account the preferences of guests
- Check for early check-outs and, if necessary, inform the night so it can proceed in agreement
- Prepare what is needed in case of special events/activities
- Responsible for making the reserves after closing the reserves of the headquarters (lodging and F & B)
- It invoices the amounts related to the products and services enjoyed by the guests, guaranteeing their debit in the respective invoices
- Responds to customer complaints by proceeding in the most appropriate way and always trying to be satisfied with the solution, always giving information of the occurrence to the FOM or using the FOM whenever necessary
- Responsible for good communication between shifts and passing information
- Accompany guests during their stay with everything they need
- Controls the cleaning and organization of the Reception and Lobby
- Keeps informed about the events taking place at the Hotel, knowing at all times to inform the Clients of any request for information
- Controls and organizes with FOM the daily service of the Front Office
- Knows and is responsible for the correct application of Front Office procedures
- Collaborate with bosses in evaluating section colleagues
- Counts and receives the reception boxes, and ensures their shift passage without error
- You should be aware of the work of previous shifts to see if there are any issues and ensure that you deliver to your next shift colleague all relevant information
- Whenever you have the opportunity, establish a dialogue with clients in order to be able to obtain any feedback from the client's stay
- Ensures the loyalty of guests through a professional and proactive attitude, always seeking to anticipate and exceed the needs and expectations of guests
- Collaborates with the FOM in establishing the goals to be achieved by the accommodation service and in the procedures for promoting the sale of the other services provided by the units
- Ensures good management of the luggage room
- Ensures that the person in charge on the morning shift secures the cash fund with change for the day's service