We recommend that participants commit to at least a 8 to 10 weeks internship in order to allow time for adaptation, integration, impact, and reflection.
Application dates and deadlines
- Applications open on November 1, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Applications are due ONLINE on December 31, 2017 by midnight (right after 11:59 pm on Sunday).
Completed applications will include the following documents. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
-> Site application form
-> Resume: all resumes should be written in English.
-> Personal statement for EACH of your 3 choices. (Most students write approximately one page, single spaced). It statement should include:
- Why do you want to work in this particular area and/or with this particular organization? How have your academic studies, work, and personal experiences prepared you for this internship? How do you expect the internship will relate to your academic,
extracurricular, and/or career path? How do you hope to contribute to the work of the organization?
- Two letters of recommendation
Step 1: Chose your THREE top choices.
Step 2: Complete the online general application and upload all documents for your first, second and third choices (resume, personal statement, 2 leters of
recommentation) on www.pt-abroad.com application form.
Note: It is EXTREMELY important that you follow the file-naming instructions listed below. For the "name of placement," use the EXACT name as it appears on our website (you can copy and paste).
- You must save your resume as a .pdf.
- Please name your documents in the following manner: "name of placement_city of placement_first name_last name_resume" (i.e. aidha_Lisbon_John_Doe_resume).
- Resumes should be written in English.
- File name / format: You must save your personal statement as a .pdf.
- Please name your documents in the following manner: "name of placement_country of placement_first name_last name_PS" (i.e.
- Please put your full name and the name of the placement at the top of
your personal statement.
It is EXTREMELY important that you follow the file-naming instructions in the application.Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The application review process is not first come, first served; we will only look at applications in January. However, we encourage you to apply as soon as you can!